CoastalShoresPack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Advisory Council Applications (late/shot)
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am by Mikazaru

» New Years + Announcement and Council Applications!
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm by Mikazaru

» A sad announcement (it's about time)...
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm by Laika

» Blacktalon - A Wolf RP to Fill the Void in Our Lives
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am by Kivuli

» Temporary leave, please give this a read.
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:12 pm by Lara

» What's on you song list?
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:31 pm by Blackfoot

» Count to 35 before an Alpha posts
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm by Blackfoot

» Ban the person above you!
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm by Mikazaru

» Bakers Dozen
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm by Mikazaru

» Smack it, Throw it, Leave it, Burn it, Keepit, Eat it.
RP Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 am by Mikazaru

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Summer
Season
It is summer in the territory of the Coastal Shores Pack. Usually in this season, prey is plentiful, the territory is granted several days of rare sunshine and heat, and the wolves are managing well. However, it can also bring the threat of rejuvenated predators such as bears.
Weather
RAIN STORM

Heavy drops of water are pouring all over the Coastal Shores territory. Black clouds and blinding rain keep most wolves in the den, waiting for it to stop.

RP Rules and Guidelines

Go down

RP Rules and Guidelines Empty RP Rules and Guidelines

Post by Blackfoot Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:01 pm

A set of rules that apply to the RP. All rules are expected to be followed.

General RP Rules:

- Fill out a biography for your wolf before starting the roleplay.

- You cannot control time of day and season, only alphas and advisors can do this.

- No 'God-modding', your wolf is not superman. They cannot take down a moose in one bite, they cannot make every kill, dodge every shot, land every blow, never tire, etc. Be realistic. In the real world, there is no such thing as a 'swift bite to the back of the neck', killing prey, or even another wolf for that matter, is a long process.

- No fantasy roleplaying. Meaning no wings, super powers, unrealistic coat and eye colors (green fur with blue stripes and purple eyes, scene wolves, gothic wolves, etc), glowing markings, etc.

- RP in third person please ("he" "she" "we" etc)

- You cannot control the other player's character at any time.

- RP posts should be a minimum of five, well written sentences.

- Please write 'wolves addressed' (as well mention the other wolves your character has spoken to) at the bottom of each post. Ex: Wolves Addressed: Randen, Kivuli and Blackfoot.

- No sexual themes in the RP (meaning no references to mating or mating being roleplayed out. I don't think I have to mention this.)

- No major gore. Yes, some gore and blood is allowed...but let's not get too descriptive, okay? This is a wolf RP, not Saw.

- Alright, we allow a bit of slang and foul language in the RP. Minor curse words like 'crap' 'damn' and 'hell' are acceptable, but please keep these to a minimum, and no major inappropriate words are acceptable whatsoever.

- If you plan to start up an RP scenario (ex. a territory invasion from a rival pack), inform an alpha to have it approved. Minor things such as chasing a coyote off the territory or having an argument with another member are ok, but nothing major please.

- Members cannot have a second character unless they are a) chosen to roleplay a pup b) it is part of a plot or c) they ask alphas permission to kill or disperse their original character and have a new one

Mates and Pups:

- Yes, mates are allowed. Make sure the other member is ok with your wolf being their wolf's mate. (No force mating)

- Pups are also allowed. You must ask alphas permission first, however.

- Parents get to choose the number of pups (limit is six), genders, coat colors (pups should show some similarities to their parents), personalities, etc. Parents must also fill out a biography for each of their pups.

- Pups can be roleplayed by their parents or volunteers can be chosen to RP a certain pup. In doing so, however, volunteers must stay true to the pup's personality and such.

- Eventually, pups must disperse or die (this is to prevent an overload of second wolves), but one pup from each litter can remain in the RP.

Hunting:

- The wolf leading the hunt- whomever they may be- is responsible for 'controlling' the animal being hunted (ex. if the pack runs to the animal the hunt leader will determine if the animal flees or fights back, when the animal dies, etc. members are still allowed to control minor things, such as the prey kicking out) .

- Hunt leaders determine the success or failure of the hunt.

- Hunt leader eats first.

- Keep in mind, in the real world there is no such thing as 'a swift bite to the back of the neck' or 'he delivered a quick killing bite, the animal died instantly'. In a real hunt, the animal must be chased and weakened before a wolf can even try to lock it's fangs around an animals throat. Even then, an animal will not die instantly, a strangling bite takes several minutes. Of course, it'd be a pain to roleplay out an entire hunt totally realistically so exceptions are made, but try to keep realism in mind while hunting.

Some good examples of wolves hunting big game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXxtQRy47A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_3QiWQh8M

And, since this pack often relies on marine life for food, a video of wolves fishing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJrkncZWW4

Fighting:

- Keep the 'no God-modding' rule in mind while fighting. Your wolf cannot dodge every attack and land every blow. Give the other member an opportunity to defend themselves and strike back.

- You may not kill another wolf unless given permission. ESPECIALLY if it is another pack member.

- A wolf is not going to be perfectly healthy after a fight. Blood fights between wolves are gruesome, fights between other animals are often worse. Your wolf will come out bleeding, cut, bitten, and bruised, and they will not heal overnight.

- Keep in mind, encounters between wolves and their competitors are not a common occurence. Even in the pacific temperate rainforest region where bears are numerous, wolves do not encounter them on a daily basis. It is even more uncommon for their encounters to end in bloodshed. Typically, encounters between wolves and their competitors are more bark than bite, a wolf knows when it's outmatched. Same goes for bears, coyotes, wolverines, rival wolves and mountain lions- they know when they're faced with more than they can handle.

- There are generally two types of fights between wolves: dominance fights and blood fights.
In a dominance related fight, the dominant wolf will try to pin down the other wolf to show who's boss. The more dominant wolf will often raise their hackles and tails, bristle, and show teeth to make themselves more fearsome. These fights are more common, and there normally there aren't any serious injuries.
Blood fights are more vicious, and normally occur between a wolf and an invading wolf. If the invader doesn't run off at the first show of aggression, the other wolf will attack. These fights have been known to end in injury and even death to the invading wolf.

Here's a video which gives a good example of a dominance fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q9vx-CBueU

And another one which gives a good example of what happens to invaders (the invader in the video is a coyote, but it's generally the same case with a rival wolf): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXCvLzDNWz0&feature=related
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

https://coastalshorespack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down