CoastalShoresPack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Advisory Council Applications (late/shot)
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am by Mikazaru

» New Years + Announcement and Council Applications!
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm by Mikazaru

» A sad announcement (it's about time)...
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm by Laika

» Blacktalon - A Wolf RP to Fill the Void in Our Lives
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am by Kivuli

» Temporary leave, please give this a read.
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:12 pm by Lara

» What's on you song list?
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:31 pm by Blackfoot

» Count to 35 before an Alpha posts
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm by Blackfoot

» Ban the person above you!
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm by Mikazaru

» Bakers Dozen
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm by Mikazaru

» Smack it, Throw it, Leave it, Burn it, Keepit, Eat it.
Soul Eater  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 am by Mikazaru

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Summer
Season
It is summer in the territory of the Coastal Shores Pack. Usually in this season, prey is plentiful, the territory is granted several days of rare sunshine and heat, and the wolves are managing well. However, it can also bring the threat of rejuvenated predators such as bears.
Weather
RAIN STORM

Heavy drops of water are pouring all over the Coastal Shores territory. Black clouds and blinding rain keep most wolves in the den, waiting for it to stop.

Soul Eater

5 posters

Go down

Soul Eater  Empty Soul Eater

Post by Blackfoot Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:01 pm

What is it?:
'Soul Eater is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Atsushi Ōkubo. Set at the "Death Weapon Meister Academy", the series revolves around three teams consisting of a weapon meister and (at least one) human weapon. Trying to make the latter a "death scythe" and thus fit for use by the academy's headmaster Shinigami, the personification of death, they must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and one witch, in that order; otherwise, they will have to start all over again.'

'An anime adaptation produced by Bones aired on TV Tokyo in Japan from April 2008 to March 2009, and contained 51 episodes; Funimation licensed the anime series for North American distribution.'

'Soul Eater Not! is a side-story to the main series, focusing on a freshman halberd named Tsugumi Harudori, who befriends two other meisters, Meme Tatane and Anya Hepburn. All three take part in the NOT (Normally Overcome Target) class at DWMA and learn to control their powers in order to overcome their difficulties to have a normal life, as opposed to the battle-oriented EAT (Especially Advanced Talent) class taken by Maka, Soul, and their companions. Medusa and Arachne's younger sister Shaula is introduced in this story as the antagonist. The events of Not! take place prior to the events of the main series—Sid Barrett, who is killed and revived as a zombie early in Soul Eater, is still alive; Medusa works undercover at DWMA as a nurse; meister Kim Diehl and her weapon partner Jacqueline O'Lantern Dupré are initially unacquainted; and Liz and Patty have recently been taken in by Death the Kid.'

- Quote Wikipedia

I myself refer to it as the single most amazing anime in the world (next to Ouran High School Host Club and Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra), but that's just me.

So, this is the topic to discuss Soul Eater, Soul Eater Not! and anything related to it. What are your favorite episodes/scenes? Favorite characters? Favorite couple? Discuss away!

RULES:

- If you're going to post spoilers, post a spoiler alert!

- Follow all forum rules and such.

- Please no arguing about Crona's gender. I see arguments on him/her wherever I see something about SE. Even the author of the original manga never specified his/her's gender. The only reason he/she was referred to as a male in the dub was because there is no english word for an unidentified gender. Whether you think he/she is a male or female, please don't argue over it.

Anyways...

My favorite character in the series was Tsubaki. At first, she didn't impress me much, but after I saw the episode with her and her brother I gained some respect for her. I enjoy her personality and character (and Monica Rial voiced her perfectly in the dub. I also thought she and Blackstar were very cute together). Besides her, I also like Crona (because Crona is just...fuu, how can you not live him/her?), Maka, Medusa (Medusa was an AWESOME villain), Stein, Ms. Marie, and Eruka. (doing a cosplay of Eruka this year, woo~)
I've yet to finish reading Soul Eater Not!, but I'm turning into quite the fan of Kim's, particularly the Kim/ Oxford relationship.

So...I'm just going to finish this post with a gif of Excalibur dancing-

Soul Eater  Tumblr_ls77q7a9Z21qdt715
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

https://coastalshorespack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Soul Eater  Empty Re: Soul Eater

Post by Laika Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:11 pm

That is an amazing anime. I haven't seen it in years. I couldn't pick a fav as all the characters are amazing. If you haven't seen it, go watch it.

A AMV to go see. If you're watching the show but haven't finished, it may spoil a few things as you know what's happening but if you haven't seen it before, it will make you want to see it. This is actually the AMV that introduced me to the show.
The AMV is called Soul Eater-This is Halloween by Sarfios
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I agree! I only recently finished re-watching it. I've been saving up to buy it on DVD.

That's the same video that made me want to watch it. They played it at a local con and I was hooked.
This is the one, right?:

I'll admit, at first I was a bit off-put by the odd animation. But when I started watching the show I was like 'hey, this is really cool'. I love all the dramatic facial expressions (especially when Maka goes insaaaaaaane.)
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:46 pm

I love them all!

Funny story to do with Soul eater. My friends and I were talking about anime and out of no where I laughed like Blackstar. Everyone was like o.o . So I practised and I can do his voice. It hurts after a while though but really fun to do. Very Happy
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 am

(late reply O_O)

Haha, that's awesome. I love doing voice impersonations.

Blackstar was a good character, I liked him. A lot of people out there say he was a jerk, but I disagree. He was very interesting, and he ended up maturing over the course of the series. Plus, I found it hilarious how he always had to act like the center of attention all the time XD
(and, you know, it didn't hurt he and Tsubaki made a really adorable couple Very Happy)
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Soul Eater is awesome! I haven't seen the anime in ages, but I recently read volume seven of the manga. My favourite characters are Tsubaki, Black Star, Kid, Patty, Stein, Azusa and Marie. Very Happy

I've been meaning to read Soul Eater Not, looks good.

And Laika's Black Star impersonation is awesome. Very Happy
Emrys
Emrys
Vagaries
Vagaries

http://wolvesofwinter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Why thank you. Very Happy
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Lucky you Emrys, I've yet to get my hands on the mangas. I've heard it differs a bit from the anime.

Soul Eater Not! is pretty good so far, I've only read a few chapters, but I like it so far. Especially how it gives background to a lot of the 'minor' character, like Jaqueline and Kim and Oxford, and Liz and Patty.
(I just learned Liz and Patty's real names are Elizabeth and Patricia O_O it seems so....unfitting xD)
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Yes, it does differ a bit, but not much from where I am so far. I think it's about volume 10 or 11 where things take a completely different turn. I got volume seven from Waterstones while I was away, they didn't have Soul Eater Not otherwise I would've got that too. I'm not sure whether the chapters available online from the publisher are blocked in the UK or not, I'll have to see. And I think Patty and Liz suit them better than Patricia and Elizabeth.

Edit: Okay, I just read the first chapter of Soul Eater Not on the Yen Press website, it's interesting so far. Very Happy

Emrys
Emrys
Vagaries
Vagaries

http://wolvesofwinter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Randen Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 pm

I have never even heard of the series.... goes to show how much I get involved.
But after hearing you all talk about it, i'm going to go check it out. >__>
Randen
Randen
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Do it Randen, do it. You will looove it.

I must warn you however...first episode...well, let's just say they're not afraid to get a bit...showy :3
Oh, and if you're not much for gore, a few scenes in the show might make you queasy, but it's not too bad.
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerico Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:09 am

I havn't heard of it, but the name reminds me of the Soul Eaters from Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, if anyone has heard of that.
Nerico
Nerico

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I have finally got part one of Soul Eater on DVD. Very Happy
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Serious? Lucky you!
Heeey Lakes, you should, like, totally give it to me! :DDD

I found out I can do a really good voice impression of Mosquito. It's creepy, actually.
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am

Blackfoot wrote:Serious? Lucky you!
Heeey Lakes, you should, like, totally give it to me! :DDD

I found out I can do a really good voice impression of Mosquito. It's creepy, actually.

I should like, not give it to you. Razz Heheh
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh no, I'm pretty sure you should Very Happy

You bought it in a DVD pack, correct? In that case, do they have the dub bloopers on there?
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Laika Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm not sure if they do. I didn't check. hehe
Laika
Laika
Vagaries
Vagaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfoot Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:06 pm

You should ^_^ it would probably be in bonus features or something. They tend to be pretty funny.
Blackfoot
Blackfoot
Alphas
Alphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum